Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/31 20:53:08 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenWebBeans 1.0.0-incubating-M2(Second Try)

Hi;

I have corrected the errors. New artifacts can be found at the below URLs.

Plugins repository
--------------------------
http://people.apache.org/~gerdogdu/staging-repo/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M2-rc2/plugins/org/apache/openwebbeans

Distribution content
----------------------------
http://people.apache.org/~gerdogdu/staging-repo/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M2-rc2/distribution/org/apache/openwebbeans/apache-openwebbeans-distribution/1.0.0-incubating-M2/

SVN New Tag
----------------------------
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openwebbeans/tags/openwebbeans-1.0.0-incubating-M2/

thanks;

--Gurkan

________________________________
Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I get the following for "svn info"

Last Changed Rev: 780477

So we agree.

==

The top-level NOTICE and LICENSE files are fine now.

The licenses/ directory should now be removed from SVN and the
archives (but that's not a blocker).

Unfortunately, the NOTICE files in the jars are incorrect.

For example openwebbeans-api-1.0.0-incubating-M2.jar/NOTICE:

------------------------
OpenWebBeans :: WebBeans-API
Copyright 2008-2009 The Apache OpenWebBeans development community

------------------------

This should be

------------------------
Apache OpenWebBeans :: WebBeans-API
Copyright 2008-2009 The Apache Software Foundation

------------------------

Similarly for the Implementation and Specification, Title and Vendor
entries in the Manifest.

I'm afraid these are release blockers; it's vital that the correct
names are used in NOTICE files.

The files guess-1.0.0-incubating-M2.war and
reservation-1.0.0-incubating-M2.war both include a copy of
jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar, however this does not appear to be mentioned
in the NOTICE or LICENSE files in the WAR or at the top-level. I could
not find the jar or its LICENSE on the Sun web-site, so this needs to
be double-checked.

The N&L files in the WAR files need to be fixed before release.

The POM in the source archives does not agree with the POM in SVN, as
there is a minor difference in the following line:

ZIP: <siteId>/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M2-rc2/distribution</siteId>
SVN: <siteId>/OWB/1.0.0-incubating-M2/distribution</siteId>

I don't know what the significance of this is.

There are still some missing SVN eol-style properties in SVN:

svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-api/src/site/site.xml
svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-api/src/site/apt/index.apt
svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-impl/src/it/settings.xml
svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-impl/src/it/properties/pom.xml
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/it/properties/src/test/java/org/apache/webbeans/test/spi/configuration/ConfigurationTest.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/it/properties/src/test/resources/META-INF/openwebbeans/openwebbeans.properties
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/config/OpenWebBeansConfiguration.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/container/ChildActivityManager.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/plugins/OpenWebBeansPlugin.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/plugins/PluginLoader.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/spi/JNDIService.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/spi/ServiceLoader.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/spi/TransactionService.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/spi/se/JNDIServiceStaticImpl.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/spi/se/TransactionServiceNonJTA.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/openwebbeans/openwebbeans-default.properties
svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-impl/src/site/site.xml
svn ps svn:eol-style native webbeans-impl/src/site/apt/index.apt
svn ps svn:eol-style native
webbeans-impl/src/test/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

And there are some files marked as executable which should not be:

svn pd svn:executable samples/guess/src/main/resources/log4j.properties
svn pd svn:executable samples/guess/src/main/resources/META-INF/beans.xml
svn pd svn:executable samples/guess/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/beans.xml
svn pd svn:executable samples/reservation/src/main/resources/log4j.properties
svn pd svn:executable samples/reservation/src/main/resources/META-INF/beans.xml
svn pd svn:executable samples/reservation/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/beans.xml
svn pd svn:executable
webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/context/ApplicationScoped.java
svn pd svn:executable
webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/context/ContextNotActiveException.java
svn pd svn:executable
webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/context/ConversationScoped.java
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/context/Dependent.java
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/inject/BindingType.java
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-api/src/main/java/javax/inject/Disposes.java
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-geronimo/src/test/resources/log4j.properties
svn pd svn:executable
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/WebBeansConstants.java
svn pd svn:executable
webbeans-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/exception/WebBeansException.java
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-impl/src/main/resources/log4j.properties
svn pd svn:executable webbeans-tck/src/test/resources/log4j.properties

The SVN problems are not blockers, but it would help if they were
fixed before any new tags are made.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.