Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Priti Solanki <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 10:19:26 UTC

Issue with solr searching : words with "-" not able to search

Hello friends,

I have got one issue

I am trying to searching "X-Ray Machine"

Now Solr is returning multiple rows even if I am doing a exact search. [ On
solr server directly]

Secondly, I am using PHP client to talk to solr but with some reason  I
can't search with "X-Ray Machine". Solr response get breaks.

Someone suggested (X AND Ray) Machine in Advance search but this doesn't
sound very feasible to me.

As a User I would like to search with X-Ray Machine OR xray machine..

Can some guide on this please.

Regards,
Priti Solanki

Re: Issue with solr searching : words with "-" not able to search

Posted by neha sinha <ne...@gmail.com>.
same issue with my search result also and i have used solr.Textfield for this

Re: Issue with solr searching : words with "-" not able to search

Posted by Ajay Patel <ap...@officebeacon.com>.
Can u please share your schema.xml used for this solr instance?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
What's your field type definition where your X-Ray string is stored?

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency