Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jose Celestino <ja...@co.sapo.pt> on 2006/07/20 04:37:10 UTC

stop-at-threshold

Hello.

Does anyone know why 'stop-at-threshold' option disappeared with
Spamassassin 3.0 ? Is there any performance improving option with the
same effect?

Thank you.

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I

Re: stop-at-threshold

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:04:57AM +0100, Jose Celestino wrote:
> > and throws a warning.  So, the short short version about why it went away (you
> > can search the archives/bugzilla if you want) is that it didn't work right,
> > and potentially made things slower.
>
> Searched for it, even on the SpamAssassin cvs, but there was too much noise.
> Well...

Come to think of it, 2.50 was back on sourceforge so it's a different set of
archives.  :|   oh well.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Be sure to use DEVICE=EXXON to screw up your environment.

Re: stop-at-threshold

Posted by Jose Celestino <ja...@co.sapo.pt>.
Words by Theo Van Dinter [Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 10:49:35PM -0400]:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:37:10AM +0100, Jose Celestino wrote:
> > Does anyone know why 'stop-at-threshold' option disappeared with
> > Spamassassin 3.0 ? Is there any performance improving option with the
> > same effect?
>
> Yes and no.

> Ok, so first, stop-at-threshold was removed *AGES* ago, 2.50 specifically (Feb
> 2003).  So it didn't really disappear in 3.0 -- in fact 3.0 still accepts it
> and throws a warning.  So, the short short version about why it went away (you
> can search the archives/bugzilla if you want) is that it didn't work right,
> and potentially made things slower.

Searched for it, even on the SpamAssassin cvs, but there was too much noise.
Well...

> Second ...  There isn't currently any short-circuit ability in SA.  However,
> it's being discussed and there's some initial implementation going on in 3.2.

Great. Looking forward for that.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Re: stop-at-threshold

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:37:10AM +0100, Jose Celestino wrote:
> Does anyone know why 'stop-at-threshold' option disappeared with
> Spamassassin 3.0 ? Is there any performance improving option with the
> same effect?

Yes and no.

Ok, so first, stop-at-threshold was removed *AGES* ago, 2.50 specifically (Feb
2003).  So it didn't really disappear in 3.0 -- in fact 3.0 still accepts it
and throws a warning.  So, the short short version about why it went away (you
can search the archives/bugzilla if you want) is that it didn't work right,
and potentially made things slower.

Second ...  There isn't currently any short-circuit ability in SA.  However,
it's being discussed and there's some initial implementation going on in 3.2.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Zero equals Zero"               - Prof. Farr