Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/04/13 10:20:39 UTC

Are MySQL driver and MySQL protocol allowed in distribution?

Hi,
Someone asked whether could provide a mysql based storage implemention for SKyWalking.
I am aware mysql driver is under GPL, so should not be allowed, right?
Then how about the mysql protocol? If they implement the codes by themself, because the storage required a few features compared to the real driver.

Thanks
Sheng Wu

Re: Are MySQL driver and MySQL protocol allowed in distribution?

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
Yes, MySQL will be an optional feature. And only required by a few people.

So, asking them to download is good enough.

I will share this solution to the community.

Sheng Wu

Posted by Toby Considine <To...@gmail.com>.
The simple rule, in standards or in open source, is:

Incorporate by Reference not by Inclusion.

All else is details.

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the explanation.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.