Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh <jo...@isa.net.au> on 2002/08/12 05:03:31 UTC

NOW DESPERATE: Package not found

Ok, I stopped and started the tomcat service, and now it won't even find the
package. I get

Package au.com.multemedia.wf.ui not found in import.

yet WEB-INF\classes\au\com\multemedia\wf\ui clearly exists and contains two
class files.

Does anybody have any idea what the bloody hell is wrong with this sytem? Is
there an alternative to tomcat?

-Josh

"Rimmer, real dumplings, proper dumplings when they're properly
  cooked to perfection, proper dumplings, should not bounce."

Re: NOW DESPERATE: Package not found - FIXED

Posted by Josh <jo...@isa.net.au>.
Ah Ok i'll get that for future problems. I managed to fix the problem.
Upgraded to 4.1 beta and magically everything works :)

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.

Posted by Josh <jo...@isa.net.au>.
> Where is the library that is importing these classes?

It's not a library, it's a .jsp page in the root (ie web) directory of the
application.

> And, of course there are alternatives to Tomcat.  However, given that
there
> are thousands of users that successfully use Tomcat every day, the problem
> is, most likely, user error, not a problem with Tomcat.  I would look
there
> first.

I sure hope it's user error, since that's relatively easy to fix :-)

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.