Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeffrey Owens <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/05 19:13:58 UTC

Redirecting to jsp from jsp portlet

I am trying to redirect to a jsp from my jsp portlet, inside jetspeed. I am aware that there is a problem with the response.sendRedirect() method, but I have found no resource to help me figure out how to do a redirect in any other way.

I have also tried using the turbine rundata.getResponse().sendRedirect, but I invariably receive an IllegalStateException.

I am using jdk 1.4, tomcat 4.04, and jetspeed 1.4b1.

Can you help?

Thank you

Jeffrey Owens

VelocityPortletAction

Posted by Jeremy Kuhnash <jk...@cisco.com>.
How should setTemplate() in VelocityPortletAction be used?  We have tried
using it in this very simple way --

public void doSomething (RunData data, Context context) {
	if (data.getParameters.get("something") != null) {
		setTemplate("echoPortlet/echo_submit");
		return;
	}
	else {
		setTemplate("echoPortlet/echo_nothing");
	}
}

This seems to blow up due to there not being a VelocityPortletContext
within the TemplateInfo.temp() hash (thanks to a handy debugger) ...

How would you do the above otherwise if this code is not correct? I want to
post a form and simply set the rendering template based on some arbitrary
things .. (which is what this sort of MVC setup is supposed to work like,
right?)

Thanks in advance!

Humbly Yours,
Jeremy Kuhnash