Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sophSophie <so...@beezik.com> on 2009/11/18 16:54:05 UTC

Factory cannot be cast

Hi,

previously I was using a NGramFilterFactory for the completion on my website
but the EdgeNGramTokenizerFactory seems to be more pertinent.

I defined my own field type  but when I start solr I got the error log :

GRAVE: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.solr.analysis.EdgeNGramTokenizerFactory cannot be cast to
org.apache.solr.analysis.Toke
nFilterFactory
        at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$5.init(IndexSchema.java:777)
        at
org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.load(AbstractPluginLoader.java:148)

I think that a .jar is missing in in my lib repository but I didn't find it.
Or should I  patch the source ?

Thanks in advance

-----
English is not my mother tongue :)

Re: Factory cannot be cast

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: I defined my own field type  but when I start solr I got the error log :
:
: GRAVE: java.lang.ClassCastException:
: org.apache.solr.analysis.EdgeNGramTokenizerFactory cannot be cast to
: org.apache.solr.analysis.Toke
: nFilterFactory

You can't use a TokenizerFactory as a TokenFilterFacotry --- they do very
different things.  A Tokenizer is responsible for comverting a stream of
characters into a stream of Tokens, while a TokenFilter is responsile for
processing an existing stream of Tokens and producing a (odified) stream
of Tokens.

-Hoss

Re: Factory cannot be cast

Posted by Ian Ibbotson <ia...@googlemail.com>.