Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com> on 2001/06/05 18:35:56 UTC

Re: How to send a parameter to a portlet?

Stefan Wagner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I still don't understand one thing:
>
> I want to display a form in my portlet and then send the input from the user
> to my portlet and show the result.
> From the Turbine site I read how to do it with screens and Actions, like it's
> done with the CustomizerPortlet. But I don't want to lose the flexibility of
> my portlets by using a specific screen.
>
> Can someone bring light into my darkness?

Try out the latest CVS, in the 'dynamic' pane of the anon user I have a "HelloVelocity"
example of the VelocityPortlet which can handle such requests
And in the "turbine" user page, the same HelloVelocity shows you how you can generate
specific maximized state information and a custom customizer...

The code for this portlet is all located in the portlet specific action:
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.HelloAction

Hope this helps,

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris