Posted to dev@inlong.apache.org by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> on 2021/04/30 01:46:17 UTC

[Monthly report -- 20210430] Project progress feedback

Hello everyone:

Recent project progress:
1. Branch 570 has completed the refactoring of the Web APIs: about 80 APIs
have been adjusted according to the new plan, next, the application logic
MetaDataManager class of metadata will be adjusted. After adjustments are
finished, the tests will be performed, including unit tests, integration
test, compatibility test, and verification are passed,  and then the
document is written, finally merged into the main branch. After the main
line branch is merged, the development branch of the metadata removal BDB
component will be started.

2. The SDK of pure Go language has also been assigned(INLONG-25): A man who
is concerned about the project and willing to contribute to our project has
done an analysis and started the code implementation. The charm of the open
source community is that it is as if a seed has been planted, and it begins
to sprout and grow without knowing it.

3. The InLong project is slowly gathering resources, and an initial version
will be released as soon as possible: since rename took nearly 4 months
from the time the application was filed to the final implementation, which
was far more than expected, so, the resources gathered in the early stage,
need to gradually join in, but don't worry, things are changing.

By the way, I saw that the latest version of Kafka has removed the
zookeeper, great!  TubeMQ has removed zookeeper from the core logic around
2017. But now to comply with Apache's LICENSE specification, we will also
consider supporting metadata storage components including Zookeeper :).

That's it, happy May Day, everyone!

Thanks!

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Sorry for keeping everyone waiting

We have reinitialized the project, and we will build Apache InLong into a
one-stop data access platform through the community, helping businesses to
easily build stream-based data application services based on this platform.

Thanks!

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2021年6月30日周三 上午10:52写道:

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi all: