Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joan Harrison <sr...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/06/22 21:41:49 UTC

HTML pages in webContext

Hi,
   I wanted to know in what order templates are
searched in Tapestry in webContext.

As far as I have seen in all the examples
(Vlib,Registration,Tutorial) *.html are all placed in
context 'root' directory.

In our project we are estimating around 40-50 pages
and we would like to organise templates based on
usecases / modules.

for example:
Invoice Module will have
GenerateInvoice.html,CancelInvoice.html,ViewInvoice.html
and etc.,

Similarly  in CashAllocation Module we have
CashAllocation.html,CancelAllocation.html,AdjustCashInvoice.html
and etc.,

So, we wanted to organise directory structure in a
fashion as shown below:

web-context
|--images ( *.gif)

|--pages
   |--invoice ( *.html)
   |--cashAllocation ( *.html )

|--scripts(  *.js )

|--WEB-INF

   |--lib
   |--classes

When I place template pages under /pages directory I
get
Tapestry error saying "Could not find tenmplate for
page  Invoice$Enchance_0@.......

But if I place all the template pages under
web-context root without directory structure
everything works fine..

Is Tapestry designed to work in this fashion or we can
really organise pages ( templates) or am I doing
something wrong.??

Please advice.

Regards
JH.