Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Son Dang <sq...@comcast.net> on 2005/07/26 20:39:36 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.9 MIME Problem

Hi,

I have two in which I wanted IE to recognize
as a binary file.  So I added the following
entries into my application web.xml file.

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>cab</extension>
        <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mlf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

Tomcat started up fine without any problem.  When
I tried to access file with these extend, I am getting
a file not found error (HTTP 503).

Furthermore, without the entries in my application
web.xml file, Tomcat delivers a garbaged text file.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.