Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jochen Bedersdorfer <be...@xtramind.com> on 2004/01/02 10:59:55 UTC

[JXPath] Verbose mode?

Hi there,

is there a verbose mode somewhere hidden inside JXPath?
I have trouble with the XPath expressions I am using.
Being able to track the search process of XPath would really be helpful.

Thanks for the help,
  Jochen

--

Jochen Bedersdorfer
Senior Software Architect

XtraMind Technologies GmbH
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
D-66123 Saarbruecken
Phone: +49 (681) 302 5100
Fax: +49 (681) 302 5109
beders@xtramind.com
www.xtramind.com

Re: [JXPath] Plans for JNDI, JMX and Filesystems?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
You may be right. An important thing to keep in mind in O/R mapping,
though, is that you very rarely  need to do a join in the query (I have
yet to have to do one in six+ projects I have worked on using OJB) as
most joins are mapped as properties (collections) on other objects.
Hierarchical semantics make a lot of sense when querying into what is,
to the client, just an object graph.

-Brian

Posted by Michael Nascimento Santos <mi...@hotmail.com>.
So, I would like to get back to my original question: any plans for JNDI,
JMX and/or filesystem support?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: [JXPath] Plans for JNDI, JMX and Filesystems?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com>.
Michael,

We are the ones making plans here.  Let's see what the requirement for
having support for JNDI, JMX and filesystems is. If there is indeed a
good justification for these additions, we will put them in the plan.

Thanks,

- Dmitri

Re: [JXPath] Verbose mode?

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org>.
There is currently no such mechanism, but it sounds like a fantastic idea -
I think I will implement that very soon.

Thank you,

- Dmitri