Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gwenhael Pasquiers <gw...@ericsson.com> on 2016/03/24 14:12:31 UTC

Yarn java client

Hi ;

I'm sorry if this has already been ask but I didn't find a solution.

I've developed a Java program that make a bunch of operations on HDFS and I now want to execute it on yarn.
I've developed a Yarn client (we're on 2.6.0); I think it's close to working but not entirely :

-          The yarn application is stuck on the ACCEPTED state (yes, there are enough resources available)

-          While it's on ACCEPTED state it starts my container, my program runs correctly until it's on SUCCEEDED sate.

-          The application stays on ACCEPTED state and restarts the container (my program) infinitely...

Could anyone here give me a pointer, a clue ?

Thanks in advance,

B.R.

Gwen'

RE: Yarn java client

Posted by Gwenhael Pasquiers <gw...@ericsson.com>.
Don’t loose time on me ; I didn’t write a proper application master ☺

The behavior just changed : now, once the container finished, the application goes into failed state, the diagnostics says :

Application application_XXXXXXX failed 1 times due to AM Container for appattempt_XXXXXXXXX exited with exitCode: 0.
For more detailed … see logs

There is only one attempt and the logs are all ok. Does the program has to exit with a specific exitcode other than zero in case of success ?

RE: Yarn java client

RE: Yarn java client

RE: Yarn java client

RE: Yarn java client