Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stephen Berard <sr...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/16 18:41:28 UTC

SubVersion and replication (or remote caching)

I have a question regarding using SubVersion in a distributed environment.
We are evaluating SVN to be used in our organization.  One of our
requirements is to have local access for our developers in our sites.  We
currently have developers sharing code on the same project but at different
sites.  What we would like to do is to have a local repository or cache
replicated from the main repository.  What are my options for this type of
setup with SVN?

Somewhere I read that using Apache/WebDAV I could setup a remote cache in
each site.  I tried setting this up but nothing was cached.  Doing a little
research I discovered that Apache will only cache data on non-authenticated
connections.  Since we require authentication (even on reads for security
reasons) this doesn't seem like it will work for us.  Are there any ways
around this?

Thanks for your help,
Stephen