Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Alexander Veit <gr...@nezwerg.de> on 2022/07/27 07:19:07 UTC

Google search results for Groovy give status 403 Forbidden

Hi,

currently I receive lots of 403 errors when following links in Google search results.

E.g. https://docs.groovy-lang.org/docs/next/html/documentation/

- Alex

Re: Google search results for Groovy give status 403 Forbidden

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
It would be nice if Google used "latest" rather than "next" if both
are found. That's the sort of thing that a robots.txt file might have
handled previously.
I think you are supposed to use a META TAG per page these days: <meta
name=”robots” content=”noindex,nofollow” />.
But it isn't a case that we don't want it to follow the page for new
functionality. If anyone has knowledge in this area, please spread
the word or dive on in with a PR.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Alexander Veit <gr...@nezwerg.de>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.