Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "DeGrande, Rick" <Ri...@firstdata.com> on 2010/07/09 17:28:13 UTC

release plugin issue

I've configured the release plugin in my build.  I'm using a flat
directory structure like:

Aggregator

Common

Ejb

Web

When I do a release:prepare from the aggregator directory everything
seems to work however the aggregator/... is the only path labeled.

Also, when I do a release:perform from the aggregator directory it fails
looking for the sibling directories in the aggregator/target/sibling.
Maven identifies aggregator/target/checkout as the working directory.
Is this because of the directory structure I'm using ?  Does the
release-plugin only work with a hierarchical dir?  Is there a way around
this or do I need to change the dir structure I'm using ?

Thanks

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.

Re: release plugin issue

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
 I'm also using a flat structure.

I found that the keys to making this work seem to be:

1) use release 2.0 of the release plugin.  This is the release with the support
for "flat" hierarchies.  Note that the Apache common parent POM version 7 (the
latest) still doesn't specify this release, it specifies an earlier one
(2.0-beta-9) which doesn't have this support, so you have to override that - if
you're using the Apache common parent pom (i.e.
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom ).

2) in each pom in the flat hierarchy, insure the <scm> element is pointing to
the right place in your SVN or whatever.  If you let these "inherit" from parent
poms, the inheritance makes often wrong assumptions that the children of the
parent are located underneath the parent pom directory.  Specifying the actual
location overrides this behavior.

-Marshall Schor