Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2006/04/07 18:15:36 UTC

Use Maven 1.1 beta 2?

We currently use Maven 1.0.2 for most of our projects. For those of you who
have upgraded to 1.1 beta 2 I have a few questions. Do you feel it is worth
it to upgrade? How much effort did it take to upgrade your projects? Did you
encounter any issues (bugs and such)?

Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.
(212) 840-2618 ext. 139

Re: Use Maven 1.1 beta 2?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
One important problem you can encounter if you migrate to maven 1.1 it's if
you use xml entities. We "actually" don't support them.
Also we removed some unmaintained plugins from the distribution :
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/bundledHistory.html
Otherwise, you'll have a lot of  enhancements if you migrate to maven 1.1 :
speed, memory consumption, stability ...
You can also test the snapshot of the future beta :
http://people.apache.org/~aheritier/maven/1.X/snapshots/

Cheers,

arnaud