Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Christian Pesch <ch...@coremedia.com> on 2004/09/08 14:07:45 UTC

Object2ByteArrFieldConversion changes between rc6 and 1.0.0 ?

Hi,

somewhere between rc6 and 1.0.0 the Object2ByteArrFieldConversion
seems to have started to compress the database content with
GZIPInputStream.
Having searched for a while, I still couldn't find any documentation on
that.
Can anyone verify this?

--
Christian

Re: Object2ByteArrFieldConversion changes between rc6 and 1.0.0 ?

Posted by Christian Pesch <ch...@coremedia.com>.
Armin Waibel wrote:

> Not correct, this class near not modified since OJB 0.9 and use
> compression all the time.  [..]

Thanks. Actually, I've preloaded some tables with data, which contained
non-compressed text for byte[]/LONGVARBINARY columns. And my
testsuite works with rc6 while failing unmodified in 1.0.0. That's what
astonished me...

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Christian Pesch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> somewhere between rc6 and 1.0.0 the Object2ByteArrFieldConversion
> seems to have started to compress the database content with
> GZIPInputStream.
> Having searched for a while, I still couldn't find any documentation on
> that.
> Can anyone verify this?

Not correct, this class near not modified since OJB 0.9 and use
compression all the time.
Please see
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db-ojb/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/accesslayer/conversions/Object2ByteArrFieldConversion.java

regards,