Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 00:19:49 UTC

Support for NoSQL databases

Hello,

Could you please provide me a list of all the NoSQL databases that Gora
supports at the moment and what NoSQL databases are planned to be supported
in the near future? Also, do you have an estimate on how long would it take
for someone to develop a Gora module to support a new NoSQL database? The
reason for asking is because I am interested in implementing such a module
myself as a final year MSc project.

Kind regards,
Apostolos Giannakidis

Re: Support for NoSQL databases

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apostolis,

We will need to add a good bit more to the proposal. I think the more we
can define exactly what we are building on and what is existing, what we
need to implement (Gora specific) as well as a reporting schedule and all
the usual things you would expect from a normal project execution plan.
We can work on this over the next while.
You may want to see if there are other existing mechanisms for mapping data
into the Oracle NoSQL store. This would be a great start.
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Support for NoSQL databases

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lewis,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apostolis,

--
*Lewis*

Re: Support for NoSQL databases

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Most certainly.

--
*Lewis*

Re: Support for NoSQL databases

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lewis,

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hello Renato,

I some NoSQL databases in mind, but please let me first conclude to a
specific one before I announce something officially. I will keep you
posted. :)

Best regards,
Apostolos

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.