Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com> on 2011/10/01 14:11:30 UTC

t3 and t4 : CanopyDriver

Hi,

I am not able to find any info on what t3 and t4 parameters are in
CanopyDriver's run method. Can someone explain these two parameters ( t3
and t4 )  or point me to a link where it is explained?

PS : In CanopyClustering's explanation I only see t1 and t2 which I
understand.

Thanks and Regards,
Paritosh Ranjan

Re: t3 and t4 : CanopyDriver

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.
I found this link about t3 and t4 parameters.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-user/201106.mbox/%3C99CF5A2B2A1D9542A589C5F5EBD3DA03040B124B14@rock.narus.com%3E

This discussion, says that, t3 and t4 values needs to be guessed. And,
the vectors will not be that sparse in reduce phase.
I have tried t1/1000000000 and t2/1000000000 values for t3 and t4. Still
it does not work.

I am stuck due to this, because I am getting different results on
sequential and mapreduce for Canopy Clustering, and, I am not able to
guess t3 and t4's value which is supposed to solve this problem (
according to the discussion in the link pasted above ).

Can someone help me?