Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wicus <wi...@webmail.co.za> on 2008/07/21 14:38:47 UTC

LDAP - Active Directory Integration

Hi,

1.)  Using JXplorer with the following connection parameters:-   :working:

Base DN:           ou=it,ou=head-office,dc=domain*,dc=co,dc=uk
User DN:            cn=John Doe,ou=it,ou=head-office,dc=domain*,dc=co,dc=uk

      I get the Windows 2000 Server's Active Directory entries starting from
the "Base DN:" as mentioned above

       (**** I noticed that the short username i.e. "John" does not work!
One has to specify the whole user name i.e "John Doe" to get AD access ****)

2.) Now on to OFBIZ ...

     When I however, substitute the "User DN:" within ${ofbiz install
dir}/framework/security/config/jndiLdap.properties as follows:-

      ldap.dn.template=cn=%u,OU=IT,OU=head-office,DC=domain*,DC=co,DC=uk

      Active Directory authentication for OFBIZ fails, with the following in
the logs:-

2008-07-21 14:13:12,470 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-1) [
RequestHandler.java:243:INFO ] [Processing Request]: login
sessionId=D2EB68F2022C7F9076581E957EF5376D.jvm1
2008-07-21 14:13:12,498 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-1) [
LoginServices.java:363:INFO ] [LoginServices.userLogin] : Invalid User :
User not found.
2008-07-21 14:13:12,498 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-1) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:522:ERROR] Error in Service [userLogin]: User not
found.
2008-07-21 14:13:12,499 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-1) [
TransactionUtil.java:275:ERROR]

       I have tried logging into OFBIZ with all of the following options:-

          a.) John
          b.) John Doe
          c.) John@domain*.co.uk
          d.) domain*.co.uk\John
          e.) domain*\John

       It just keeps on stating that it cannot find the user .......
:confused:

       (What is the correct syntax to use for logon ?? - domain*\John is
what I presume)

3.)   One more Q please: When adjusting ANY of OFBIZ's configuration files,
is it sufficient to (restart ofbiz via) ./stopofbiz and ./startofbiz for the
changes to take effect?....

Re: LDAP - Active Directory Integration

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I was thinking more along the lines of having a conversion or
interpretation layer that displays ofbiz in LDAP format.
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2849.html
This way it is a layer upon ofbiz but does not effect ofbiz internals
The problem is that LDAP does not support the way ofbiz works.
so there would be a lot of operation not available.
the CRUD operation would have to be mapped to the services.

Before I get to deep in this have to study it more :)

Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/22/2008 7:41 AM:

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.cn>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
To add to this
you actually have to create at least a party group or person to put the
User Login, in. It is then the User Login that the security and roles
have to be assigned.
have a look at the user names block
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/viewprofile?partyId=admin

Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/21/2008 10:58 AM:

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Are the LDAP user names and OFBiz user names the same? If not, then
you'll have to use the userLdapDn field in the UserLogin entity.

UserLogin entity example:

userLoginId: john
userLdapDn: cn=John Doe,ou=it,ou=head-office,dc=domain*,dc=co,dc=uk

You can access the field from the Party Manager security area.

The user would log in as john, not John Doe.

-Adrian