Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Vytas <pv...@thinkdynamics.com> on 2002/10/23 21:25:52 UTC

RE: ClassLoaders

Thanks Igor.

Regards,

- Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 12:18 AM
To: Avalon-Phoenix Developers List
Subject: Re: ClassLoaders

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:46, Steve Short wrote:
> Can anyone give me a quick summary of how Phoenix sets up and uses
> ClassLoaders for itself and for it's applications.  Including
> application ClassLoaders and system extension ClassLoaders.
>
> I am trying to get James working under Jboss and the problem I have is
> that Phoenix cannot find AbstractLogEnabled when it starts loading the
> James SAR file.

The basic classloader structure is as follows

system <--- application
       <--- kernel

The system one includes all the jars in the $PHOENIX_HOME/lib directory and
we
achieve this via overiding the java.ext.path.

The kernel one includes everything in $PHOENIX_HOME/bin/lib

The application one includes all the jars in your .sar file. If any of your
jars declare dependencies on an extension library, then phoenix will look
for
jar providing extension from

$PHOENIX_HOME/ext

and add it into the application classloader.

That help?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Phoenix in release page

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
You are right. Paul do you want to checkout jakarta-site and make the change?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Phoenix in release page