Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Loomis <kl...@it-resources.com> on 2003/10/28 13:32:57 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache crashed? - More

At 07:21 AM 10/28/2003 , you wrote:
>I could not access my Apache server this morning.  I found entries in the
>error log for 4:00 AM. I'm pretty sure none of my users was trying to
>access the system at that time.
>
>The error messages in the apache error log were:
>
>Signup received.  Attempting to restart
>Apache/1.3.27 ModSSL/3.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.02 PHP/4.0.6
>mod_perl/1.24-01 configured
>Resuming normal operations
>suExec mechanism enabled
>Accept mutex sysvsem

It seems like the above messages occur on normal startup of Apache.  What's
weird is that for the last 3 days the same messages have appeared at
4:02:05 every morning.

????

Ken

Re: [users@httpd] Apache crashed? - the answer?

Posted by Ken Loomis <kl...@it-resources.com>.
I think I found the answer:

At 07:32 AM 10/28/2003 , you wrote:
>At 07:21 AM 10/28/2003 , you wrote:
>>I could not access my Apache server this morning.  I found entries in the
>>error log for 4:00 AM. I'm pretty sure none of my users was trying to
>>access the system at that time.
>>
>>The error messages in the apache error log were:
>>
>>Signup received.  Attempting to restart
>>Apache/1.3.27 ModSSL/3.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.02 PHP/4.0.6
>>mod_perl/1.24-01 configured
>>Resuming normal operations
>>suExec mechanism enabled
>>Accept mutex sysvsem

------- Additional Comment #1 From Curtis@GreenKey.net on 2002-07-14 18:26
-------
Simply editing the localhost name in /etc/hosts will cause apache to die
when the next logrotate event occurs.

mod_ssl logs the following errors:"Ops, no RSA or DSA server certificate
found?!""You have to perform a *full* server restart when you added or
removed a certificate and/or key file"

I _did_ add a hostname to the /etc/hosts file.

Comments anyone?

Ken