Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Smith, Joshua D." <Jo...@gd-ais.com> on 2013/09/16 20:29:34 UTC

How to Delete All References to Accumulo in Zookeeper?

I would like to delete all references to Accumulo in Zookeeper and start from scratch with an Accumulo initialization. I tried executing "rmr /accumulo" using the zkCli.sh tool, but received an error message that said: "Authentication is not valid : /accumulo/<some id string>/users/root."

How can I delete all references to Accumulo in Zookeeper?

Thanks,
Josh

Re: How to Delete All References to Accumulo in Zookeeper?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
You don't need to delete the data from zookeeper to reinitialize. You will
have to delete the directory from HDFS, or rename it. If you choose to
initialize with an existing instance name, it will ask to confirm.

Billie

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Smith, Joshua D.
<Jo...@gd-ais.com>wrote:

>  I would like to delete all references to Accumulo in Zookeeper and start
> from scratch with an Accumulo initialization. I tried executing “rmr
> /accumulo” using the zkCli.sh tool, but received an error message that
> said: “Authentication is not valid : /accumulo/<some id string>/users/root.”
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> How can I delete all references to Accumulo in Zookeeper?

You need to add an authorization w/ following command in zkCli.

  addauth digest accumulo:SECRET

Replace SECRET with the secret from your accumulo-site.xml file.