Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/15 02:44:30 UTC

Re: Feedback on First screenshots of Custom Colors (PIVOT-579)

Hi to all,
some tweaking has been done on our custom colors files, in trunk.
Now there are two versions of a Windows XP inspired style, a Windows
2000, one for Ubuntu, one for Mac OS X, and one for Swing.

But attention: to try them, it's better to use the ColorSchemeBuilder
Demo, because in the "Kitchen Sink" some components have colors
overridden in the bxml file (so are not using default colors in some
places).

For example, try to execute this (but note that's not a real command
line, I put here only as a reference for needed options):

java org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext
org.apache.pivot.demos.styles.ColorSchemeBuilder
-Dorg.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.location=TerraTheme_ubuntu.json

Note that colors files bundled with Pivot can be loaded without put in
front of file name the path (as in my sample), but for others it's
needed (and should be an absolute path, starting with a "/" char and
substitute any "." of the package with a "/" char, like in
ResourceBundles ... for example, to load the dark sample (inside
tutorials), you have to use:
-Dorg.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.location=/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/TerraTheme_dark.json

As always, tell me what you think.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Feedback on First screenshots of Custom Colors (PIVOT-579)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Looks good.
FYI, I renamed the two XP schemes to -winxp1.json and -winxp2.json, just for consistency with the other files.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Looks good.