Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "MW Mike Weiner (5028)" <MW...@ag.com> on 2003/11/26 20:48:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Python as cgi

I have been trying to migrate a Netscape Enterprise webserver over to apache
and am running into some problems trying to migrate the configuration for
some python stuff we do. The following is taken from the netscape
configuration for handling .py (python page) requests:

ObjectType fn="force-type" type="text/plain"
Service method="(GET|HEAD|POST)" type="magnus-internal/py-driver"
fn="query-handler" path="/disk2/ns-home/nsapi/pd/py-driver"

Now, I have tried a few things within apache, basically treating it as a cgi
I added the following:

AddHandler python-program .pd
AddHandler python-program .py
Action python-program "/disk2/ns-home/nsapi/pd/py-driver"

Py-driver is more or less a cgi which works fine within netscape, but I
cannot seem to get it to work correctly within apache. I have done some web
lookups to see how its done by people doing php and its not much different.
But when I restart the webserver and go to make a page request that is a .pd
or .py file, I get the following server error:

Not Found
The requested URL /disk2/ns-home/nsapi/pd/py-driver/index.pd was not found
on this server.

ANY ideas at all? ANY assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you all in advance
Michael Weiner