Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Medhat Abdel Badie <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/08 14:03:12 UTC

"Induce Model XML from Database" Is not formatted by any of the visual theme

Hi,

When Clicking the "Induce Model XML from
Database<https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/view/ModelInduceFromDb>"
link from Web Tools >>  Entity Engine Tools >> Induce Model XML from
Database

The Page opened is not formatted by any of the visual theme.

I am using ofbiz-11.04.02 and This is the same behavior on the demo-trunk
using the following URL:

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/view/ModelInduceFromDb

By the way, what is the objective of this page ?

Regards,
Medhat

Re: "Induce Model XML from Database" Is not formatted by any of the visual theme

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Medhat Abdel Badie" <me...@gmail.com>
> Hi,
>
> I got the purpose from this page, thank you for the clarification.
>
> I am using PostgreSQL, but i have tried all datasource-names available and
> got the following:
>
> For datasource-names related to PostgreSQL, it returns the desired results.
> For datasource-names related to Derby, it executes and returns empty lists,
> which is correct and desired.
>
> For the Rest of the datasource-names, all through the following Exception
> Error:
>
> :ERROR MESSAGE:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>

> On demo-trunk the same Idea with the following results taking into
> consideration that the database used is Derby DB.
>
> For datasource-names related to Derby, it returns the desired results.
>
> For the Rest of the datasource-names, all through the following Exception
> Error:
>
> :ERROR MESSAGE:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

It makes no senses to use other datasource-names than the one used by the RDBMS supporting the entity engine

Jacques

Posted by Medhat Abdel Badie <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.