Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com> on 2015/03/11 15:33:04 UTC

Feedback/Support for Olingo-575

Hi all,

we started a few days ago with the split between the OData V3 and OData V4 version of the Olingo library [2].
During this we removed V3 related code from the master branch and in addition have done some refactoring.
Within this the idea was to change the handling of Links and the according Linked object.
(see “org.apache.olingo.commons.api.data.Link” and "org.apache.olingo.commons.api.data.Linked”)
For the server and common parts all worked well but unfortunately the client parts (especially 'ODataBinderImpl') do not fit so well to the new idea of "org.apache.olingo.commons.api.data.Link"/"org.apache.olingo.commons.api.data.Linked".
Before we do more changes/refactoring we want to ask the dev community to take a look at actual status which is available in feature branch "olingo575" [1].

We hope to get feedback and/or support on how we can bring the new Link/Linked idea into 'ODataBinderImpl' (and probably afterwards also in the 'Client-Proxy-Coding').

Kind regards,
Michael

[1]: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=olingo-odata4.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/olingo575 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=olingo-odata4.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/olingo575>
[2]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/olingo-dev/201502.mbox/%3CFF176EC2AC5F8443B9260219629FD0DA69AC2A8B%40DEWDFEMB13A.global.corp.sap%3E <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/olingo-dev/201502.mbox/%3CFF176EC2AC5F8443B9260219629FD0DA69AC2A8B@DEWDFEMB13A.global.corp.sap%3E>

Re: Feedback/Support for Olingo-575

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
Changes look in fairly good to me. one thing I would have done differently in Linked interface is not to have " getAllInlineEntities" but have like "getInlineEntity(name)" and may be "getInlineEntityNames", that way the user has choice to walk selectively over the Entity. Same with EntitySets. The idea is to reduce the object graph size when data set is large. In the EntitySet methods should work with some kind of cursor (iterator) for the entities, otherwise one is obligated to load all the entities into object graph before returning.

Just some suggestions.

Ramesh..