Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alessandro Hoss <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/04 14:31:50 UTC

Managed Resources separated by core when using configset

Hello,

I've a situation where I need the same configuration (schema.xml and
solrconfig.xml) for all the cores in my solr instance, and I can manage
this with the same configset.
BUT, in my case the synonyms and stopwords should be managed by tenant/core
(each tenant is a solr core), and can be different for each one.

I was trying to use managed resources, but I guess it doesn't handle the
core when using configset.
Once I pass the core name in CRUD operations, it looks like a bug, because
it's not handling different resources, and if I don't reload the core right
before a PUT request, for example, the next PUT in other core will override
the previous and ignore them. Here's what I'm trying:

Create core1 using techproducts configset:
curl "
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core1&instanceDir=core1&configSet=sample_techproducts_configs
"

Create core2 using techproducts configset:
curl "
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core2&instanceDir=core2&configSet=sample_techproducts_configs
"

Check the current stopwords (they are the same at this point): --this
requests will be used again later
curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/schema/analysis/stopwords/english"
curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/core2/schema/analysis/stopwords/english"

Add a stopword in core1:
curl -X PUT -H 'Content-type:application/json' --data-binary '["zz1"]' "
http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/schema/analysis/stopwords/english"

Check the current stopwords (now the core2 does NOT have the inserted
stopword - and shouldn't, because the request was specifically for core1)

ADD a stopword in core2:
curl -X PUT -H 'Content-type:application/json' --data-binary '["zz2"]' "
http://localhost:8983/solr/core2/schema/analysis/stopwords/english"

Check the current stopwords (now both cores have what I expected - "zz1" in
core1 and "zz2" in core2)

The problem is, now when I reload the core1, it will override the stopwords
with the last updated version, which means it'll lose the "zz1" word.
curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=RELOAD&core=core1"
curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/schema/analysis/stopwords/english"

Did I make myself clear? :)
Can someone confirm if this is a bug or if I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Alessandro Hoss