Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/12/09 08:51:57 UTC

ATTN: CVS Maintainers (was: Re: docs group commit access)

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:28:38AM -0800, Joshua Slive wrote:
> It appears that people who had commit access to httpd-docs-2.0 before the
> recent reorganization can no longer commit to the new httpd-docs-2.0.
>
> (I  removed my old directory, checked out a new copy of ONLY
> httpd-docs-2.0 and tried to commit.  The result was an
> Insufficient Karma (slive|httpd-2.0/docs/manual).)
>
> Can someone help with this?

I can't, but I've identified the problem. It appears that cvs-acls.pl does
not understand the "modules" file. It only deals with absolute repository
directories.

In modules, we have:

httpd-docs-2.0          httpd-2.0/docs

In the avail file, we have (portions elided as "..."):

avail|...,slive,rbowen,pepper|httpd-docs-1.3,httpd-docs-2.0,apache-2.0/src/include,apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include,apache-2.0/src/os/unix

The issue is that "httpd-docs-2.0" is never passed to cvs_acls. As you noted
above, "httpd-2.0/docs" is passed in.

The avail file should read:

avail|...|httpd-docs-1.3,httpd-2.0/docs

The people that can make this change to avail are:

  brian,coar,dirkx,duncan,jon,pier,craigmcc,manoj,fielding,rbb

I'm sending this to members@ list so that one of the above will read this
note and hopefully take care of it RSN.

Cheers,
-g

p.s. I've also verified the group privs on httpd-2.0/docs; they appear to
be proper. we just need the avail file change.

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: ATTN: CVS Maintainers (was: Re: docs group commit access)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
Done.  Greg, thanks for the detailed analysis.

Ryan

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:28:38AM -0800, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > It appears that people who had commit access to httpd-docs-2.0 before the
> > recent reorganization can no longer commit to the new httpd-docs-2.0.
> >
> > (I  removed my old directory, checked out a new copy of ONLY
> > httpd-docs-2.0 and tried to commit.  The result was an
> > Insufficient Karma (slive|httpd-2.0/docs/manual).)
> >
> > Can someone help with this?
>
> I can't, but I've identified the problem. It appears that cvs-acls.pl does
> not understand the "modules" file. It only deals with absolute repository
> directories.
>
> In modules, we have:
>
> httpd-docs-2.0          httpd-2.0/docs
>

> In the avail file, we have (portions elided as "..."):
>
> avail|...,slive,rbowen,pepper|httpd-docs-1.3,httpd-docs-2.0,apache-2.0/src/include,apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include,apache-2.0/src/os/unix
>
> The issue is that "httpd-docs-2.0" is never passed to cvs_acls. As you noted
> above, "httpd-2.0/docs" is passed in.
>
> The avail file should read:
>
> avail|...|httpd-docs-1.3,httpd-2.0/docs
>

> The people that can make this change to avail are:
>
>   brian,coar,dirkx,duncan,jon,pier,craigmcc,manoj,fielding,rbb
>
> I'm sending this to members@ list so that one of the above will read this
> note and hopefully take care of it RSN.
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> p.s. I've also verified the group privs on httpd-2.0/docs; they appear to
> be proper. we just need the avail file change.
>
> --
> Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131