Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Dhruva B. Reddy" <sl...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/15 23:51:03 UTC

Generate HTML e-mail within Struts

My application needs to send HTML formatted e-mail.  As the contents of
the message may need to change often, I need to avoid hardcoding this.

Is there a way to write a JSP so that HTML content can be generated and
fed into an e-mail message through JavaMail?

Thanks,
Dhruva

Re: Generate HTML e-mail within Struts

Posted by Vernon <ve...@gatewaytech.com>.
I believe that you need to use XSLT to work the job for you.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:51:03 -0700 (PDT), Dhruva B. Reddy
<sl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My application needs to send HTML formatted e-mail.  As the contents of
> the message may need to change often, I need to avoid hardcoding this.
>
> Is there a way to write a JSP so that HTML content can be generated and
> fed into an e-mail message through JavaMail?
>
> Thanks,
> Dhruva

Vernon

Re: Generate HTML e-mail within Struts

Posted by "Dhruva B. Reddy" <sl...@yahoo.com>.
This is what I ended up doing, and it works quite well.

Thanks for the response!

Dhruva

Posted by Tim Shadel <ti...@zserve.com>.