Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2013/05/01 07:40:59 UTC

Re: Streamlining the Hadoop release process

> 4000 node cluster. I don't know if BigTop can help with that, but any type
> of stress testing is desirable.  The other HDFS features like snapshots

An interesting data point: Roman just made some rough estimation of the size
of the execution that we are running as a part of usual BigTop testing.
There's about 400 different apps that are testing pretty much all levels of
Hadoop and downstream stack.

I'd say this is most extensive test coverage of the Hadoop stack to-date. Anywhere.
I am pretty sure Bigtop can help somewhat: that's always a question of people
willing to contribute decent and valuable implementations of test scenarios.

Cos