Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com> on 2014/10/23 19:19:25 UTC

update external file

I've been looking at ExternalFileField to handle popularity boosting.
Since Solr updatable docvalues (SOLR-5944) isn't quite there yet.  My
question is whether there is any support for uploading the external file
via Solr, or if people do that some other (external, I guess) way?

-Mike

Re: update external file

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
That's what I thought; thanks, Markus.

RE: update external file

Posted by Ramzi Alqrainy <ra...@gmail.com>.
Right, There is no REST support for it like the synonym filter, or was it
stop filter.

RE: update external file

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Re: update external file

Posted by Ramzi Alqrainy <ra...@gmail.com>.
I hope I understand your question well. so I had the same problem. This is
what I did:

1. Create a file:
solr_home/PROJECT/multicore/core1/data/external_popularProducts.txt

The file should contain values like this:
uniqueID_in_core=count

Example:
873728721=19
842728342=20

2. Update schema.xml, add this under <types>  </types>
<fieldType name="popularProductsFile" keyField="key" defVal="0"
stored="true" indexed="true" class="solr.ExternalFileField" valType="float"
/>

Here, key is the column name for the primaryID of solr core.
Add this under <fields></fields>
<field name="popularProducts" type="popularProductsFile" indexed="true"
stored="true" />

3. Reload the core.

Re: update external file

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
Thanks for the links, Ramzi.  I had already read the wiki page, which
merely talks about how to reload the file into memory once it has been
updated on disk. It doesn't mention any support for uploading that I can
see.  Did I miss it?

-Mike

Re: update external file