Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org> on 2016/06/11 10:37:29 UTC

SVN-4635: Cherry-pick merge scenario causes Svn to choke

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/issues.html amongst other
things, says "
if you're pretty sure about the bug, go ahead and post directly to our
development list". OK, so here's a bug with merge tracking:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635

   Synopsis: Series of cherry-picks between branches breaks subversions
merge tracking

A reproducible bug, I should say - there's bash scripts within the issue.
made on a mac and tested with Svn 1.9.4.

I even ported the same scripts to Perforce, Git and Mercurial (same
sequence of merge events) and it
works fine. The code for those is on branches in that same Git repo.

- Paul

Re: SVN-4635: Cherry-pick merge scenario causes Svn to choke

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org>.
The last C I did was in 1992, so I think I'm quite rusty. Otherwise I'd use
the reproduction to guide me to the lines in error, and give you that
patch/PR.

-ph

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.