Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dave Searle <da...@davesearle.co.uk> on 2002/11/15 20:00:29 UTC

Interacting with desktop (jxta/tomcat/apachesoap)

Hi,

My final year project is titled: describing peer-to-peer networks using
webservices. I am using JXTA for the p2p network and tomcat/apache soap
for the webservice platform.

My aim is to create a JXTA peer which connects to the JXTA network when
it is invoked via a webservice. I have a very simple JXTA application
that connects to the netpeergroup, however when it is invoked via the
webservice it fails to start. I think this is because the class needs to
interact with the desktop (it creates and uses a directory called
.jxta).

Any ideas how I can do this?
Cheers,
Dave Searle.