Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Michael Xenakis <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/29 10:09:27 UTC

Help - Creating New complexTypes -

Hi everybody and Merry Christmas,

I want to construct a new complexType ,so i tried to use the
SchemaTypeImpl  class but the constructor of the class is private so i
can't instantiate in order to use it for new type creation,and i
remembered that this is occuring when the class's developer doesn't want
to let the class be extented (thats why the writer sets the class to
final) but i can't find out how is it possible for me to construct a
SchemaType since the constructor is private,possibly there is another
class to make a new type,but i couldn't find the way yet.

(the package to import and see what am i asking for is
org.apache.xmlbeans.imp.schema.* )

It's a little bit urgent and i want your help...

Thanks in Advance

Re: Help - Creating New complexTypes -

Posted by Michael Xenakis <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi again and thanks for your help.

I've practiced a little bit on the util section of inst2xsd.The util has
three classes :
- Type
- Element
- Attribute

The Type class has two "constructors",which represent the named and
anonymous types...

My question is,how i can insert an anonymous type in the named type...

To make the question more clear,i wonder if is there any way  ,for
example ,to represent this content model structure...

<sequence>
.......element 1
.......element 2
<choice>
....... element c1
....... element c2
</choice>
.......element 3
.......element 4
</sequence>

In other words,with the type class i only found that you can create very
very simple  complexTypes...

With a little bit search on the packages i also noticed that there is a
package with all the parts of an XSD...

That is the : org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.xb.xsdschema.impl

But i can't work with it , i continuously  get either exceptions  or
things like "the variable should have/have not been instantiated"

This package is more likely close to what i need because of its great
detail among XSD parts,but i don't know how to use it and i don't have
any doc to study  and i can't find too the source code of the package.

Thanks for your help...

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@oracle.com>.