Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/12/02 13:43:51 UTC

[DRAFT] Unomi board report

Hi all,

I have prepared the Unomi board report for December, let me know what you
think.

The mission of Apache Unomi is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to providing a reference implementation of the OASIS Customer Data Platform
specification currently being worked on by the OASIS Context Server
Technical
Committee

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Unomi was founded 2019-02-20 (3 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Taybou on 2021-03-19.
- No new committers. Last addition was Anatol Sialitski on 2021-01-29.

## Project Activity:
The project just had it's first meetup (online) and it was quite a success,
with over 50 registrations and over 30 participants. Not only did the
project
update the community on its status but users also presented their work with
the project and we received very good feedback on both the project and the
event.

Unomi is also working hard on the next release (1.6.0) that will feature
bug fixes, security improvements, and improvements such as the support for
Groovy actions. The next major version (2.0) is also on an aggressive
schedule
and is targeted for early 2022.

## Community Health:

Activity is a bit lower on Slack but it is still quite regular and there are
still a lot of people in the channel (151). Community contributions are
however quite active and a lot of PRs are being merged into both active
branches. Traffic on the mailing lists is still low, but I think this is
simply because people prefer using Slack. Of course, all major decisions and
discussions only happen on mailing lists as they should :)

Here are some metrics:

- Number of members in #unomi slack channel: 151
- dev@unomi.apache.org had a 40% increase in traffic in the past quarter
(448
  emails compared to 318)
- 28 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (75% increase)
- 25 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (25% increase)
- 104 commits in the past quarter (28% increase)
- 10 code contributors in the past quarter (25% increase)
- 32 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (33% increase)
- 39 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (50% increase)

Re: [DRAFT] Unomi board report

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks guys, I'll post it then.

Regards,