Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 09:19:54 UTC

Welcome Justin Edelson

Hi all,

I want to let you know that the Apache Sling PMC decided to invite
Justin Edelson as a committer to the Apache Sling project based on his
work around the Sling launchpad; an invitation which Justin accepted.
Thanks.

Please join me in welcoming Justing Edelson as a new committer !

Keep up the good work, Justin, and thanks for your contributions.

Regards
Felix

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Welcome Justin.
Ian

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please join me in welcoming Justing Edelson as a new committer !

Welcome Justin, and congrats!

Feel free to briefly introduce yourself here if you want.

-Bertrand

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Welcome, Justin!

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
> As a bit of introduction, I am, at least for the next 5 weeks, the Vice
> President of Applications & Platforms for MTV Networks Digital where I
> oversee a development team covering content, asset, feed, and media
> management in addition to our tooling infrastructure. I'm also responsible
> for our build and deployment strategy.
>
> I am the co-author of two programming books: Java & XML, 3rd edition (with
> Brett McLaughlin) and JRuby Cookbook (with Henry Liu), both published by
> O'Reilly.
>
> I'm reasonably active in the Maven community (although not so much as of
> late due to time constraints) as well as a committer on the Hudson and
> RESTEasy projects. I am the project lead of BoxSpring, a collection of
> enhancements for the Spring framework (which now leverages Sling's Commons
> Mime BTW).

Very impressive CV.

Congrats and welcome!

Juanjo.

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...My interest is Sling comes from an overall desire to break out of the
> traditional J2EE web development model...

Great, IMHO this is one of the main goals of Sling, a.k.a. "bring the
fun back" ;-)

Thanks for the introduction.
-Bertrand

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Very impressive indeed !

Justin Edelson schrieb:
> Thanks for welcoming me.
>
> As a bit of introduction, I am, at least for the next 5 weeks, the Vice
> President of Applications & Platforms for MTV Networks Digital where I
> oversee a development team covering content, asset, feed, and media
> management in addition to our tooling infrastructure. I'm also responsible
> for our build and deployment strategy.
>
> I am the co-author of two programming books: Java & XML, 3rd edition (with
> Brett McLaughlin) and JRuby Cookbook (with Henry Liu), both published by
> O'Reilly.
>
> I'm reasonably active in the Maven community (although not so much as of
> late due to time constraints) as well as a committer on the Hudson and
> RESTEasy projects. I am the project lead of BoxSpring, a collection of
> enhancements for the Spring framework (which now leverages Sling's Commons
> Mime BTW).
>
> My interest is Sling comes from an overall desire to break out of the
> traditional J2EE web development model as well as a specific interest in
> fully leveraging JCR.
>
> I hope I can be an asset to the Sling community, hopefully starting with
> figuring out why the JSP Scripting Support Hudson job is always breaking.

That would be cool -- we currently have a kind-of-love-and-hate
relationship to Hudson .. and the current JSP Scripting bundle build
failure is very strange ...

Please remember to update SLING-920 if you change anything in the build
setup. If you need help in getting access to the Hudson server
(userid/password) just drop me a note.

Regards
Felix

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for welcoming me.

Re: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.

RE: Welcome Justin Edelson

Posted by Mike Müller <mi...@mysign.ch>.
> Please join me in welcoming Justing Edelson as a new committer !

Welcome Justin and congrats!

best regards
mike