Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/20 15:08:53 UTC

[ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Hi, List, my users are getting increasing amounts of "Mail Delivery
Subsystem" mails, and I suspect spammers are using their addresses as
senders. I have my servers registered with SPF, but now I wonder how could I
stop this mails from getting to their accounts?
I've tried to explain to them that spammers are beggining to use the
spoofing techniques used in viruses, but they're just mad at it.
Has anyone a sollution to this issue, or we must just get used to it?

BTW, I run SA through AMAVIS, on a Debian-based machine.

Thanks in advance,

Luis
GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...

Re: [ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
The BOGUS_VIRUS_WARNINGS ruleset will filter out a huge amount of this junk.

I think Justin has some new sandbox rules that also work well, but I don't
know which versions of SA they will work on.

        Loren

Re: [ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Posted by Claude Frantz <cl...@pc0312b.rz.unibw-muenchen.de>.
Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:

> Hi, List, my users are getting increasing amounts of "Mail Delivery
> Subsystem" mails, and I suspect spammers are using their addresses as
> senders. I have my servers registered with SPF, but now I wonder how
> could I stop this mails from getting to their accounts?
> I've tried to explain to them that spammers are beggining to use the
> spoofing techniques used in viruses, but they're just mad at it.
> Has anyone a sollution to this issue, or we must just get used to it?

I'm using milter-regex with special tailored rules. This solution works
well here now.

Claude

Re: [ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Posted by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot

Luis

Re: [ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 06:08, Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:
>
>> Hi, List, my users are getting increasing amounts of "Mail Delivery
>> Subsystem" mails, and I suspect spammers are using their addresses as
>> senders. I have my servers registered with SPF, but now I wonder how
>> could I stop this mails from getting to their accounts?
>> I've tried to explain to them that spammers are beggining to use the
>> spoofing techniques used in viruses, but they're just mad at it.
>> Has anyone a sollution to this issue, or we must just get used to it?
>>

> Unfortunately not much can be done about it other than SPF.
>
> Jeff C.

I've heard that milter-null can help reduce this problem. However, I
don't use it so I can't offer any more advice than that.

Re: [ semi OT ] Bounced Mails

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.