Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> on 2020/07/16 06:44:19 UTC

Call for vote: Apache James 3.5.0

Hi,

I would like to propose a new vote 3.5.0 release of the Apache James server.

I fixes Matthieu remarks since last proposal.

You can see changes proposed to the website at the occasion
of that release on this GitHub pull
request: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/187

You can find:

 - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the
artifact #1048:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1048/
 - The changelog for
3.5.0:
https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/CHANGELOG.md
 - The compatibility instructions/upgrade
recommendation:
https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/upgrade-instructions.md

Voting rules:
 - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
 - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
 - The vote starts at Thursday 16th of July 2020, 1pm UTC+7
 - The vote ends at Thursday 23th of July 2020, 2pm UTC+7

You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes may be motivated.

Cheers,

Benoit Tellier

Re: Call for vote: Apache James 3.5.0

Posted by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com>.
La 23.07.2020 11:22, Tellier Benoit a scris:
> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to announce you the vote for the 3.5.0 release did succeed.
>
> The release received 6 positive votes, 4 of them being binding.
>
> Thanks to all contributors, developers and committers who made this
> possible!
>
> In the coming hours, I will finalize the release process, namely:
>
>   - Publish the maven artifacts
>   - Upgrade the download page and the (old) website
>   - Announce the release
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit Tellier

Happy to see another release.
Thank you all for you contributions :)

--
Eugen Stan
+40720 898 747 / netdava.com

Re: Call for vote: Apache James 3.5.0

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@gocloud.it>.
+1

Vincenzo

Il Gio 16 Lug 2020, 08:44 Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a new vote 3.5.0 release of the Apache James
> server.
>
> I fixes Matthieu remarks since last proposal.
>
> You can see changes proposed to the website at the occasion
> of that release on this GitHub pull
> request: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/187
>
> You can find:
>
>  - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the
> artifact #1048:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1048/
>  - The changelog for
> 3.5.0:
> https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/CHANGELOG.md
>  - The compatibility instructions/upgrade
> recommendation:
>
> https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/upgrade-instructions.md
>
> Voting rules:
>  - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
>  - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
>  - The vote starts at Thursday 16th of July 2020, 1pm UTC+7
>  - The vote ends at Thursday 23th of July 2020, 2pm UTC+7
>
> You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes may be motivated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit Tellier

Il presente messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono confidenziali in ragione
della loro natura professionale e, in ogni caso, non accessibili al
pubblico. Nel caso in cui il presente messaggio sia ricevuto da soggetto
diverso dal suo diretto destinatario, si prega di darne immediata notizia
all'indirizzo email *amministrazione@gocloud.it
<ma...@gocloud.it>* e di procedere immediatamente alla
distruzione dello stesso e dei suoi allegati, da effettuarsi senza copiarne
o rivelarne ad alcuno il contenuto. Grazie per la collaborazione.

This
e-mail and any  attachments thereto are confidential and may be covered by
legal professional privilege or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by email to
the address _amministrazione@gocloud.it <ma...@gocloud.it>
and then immediately destroy this message and any attachments from your
system, without copying or disclosing the contents to any other person.
Thank you for your co-operation._

Re: Call for vote: Apache James 3.5.0

Posted by Antoine Duprat <ad...@apache.org>.
+1

Antoine

Posted by Rene Cordier <rc...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by David Leangen <ap...@leangen.net>.

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com>.
La 16.07.2020 09:44, Tellier Benoit a scris:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a new vote 3.5.0 release of the Apache James server.
>
> I fixes Matthieu remarks since last proposal.
>
> You can see changes proposed to the website at the occasion
> of that release on this GitHub pull
> request: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/187
>
> You can find:
>
>   - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the
> artifact #1048:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1048/
>   - The changelog for
> 3.5.0:
> https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/CHANGELOG.md
>   - The compatibility instructions/upgrade
> recommendation:
> https://github.com/chibenwa/james-project/blob/website-3.5.0/upgrade-instructions.md
>
> Voting rules:
>   - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
>   - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
>   - The vote starts at Thursday 16th of July 2020, 1pm UTC+7
>   - The vote ends at Thursday 23th of July 2020, 2pm UTC+7
>
> You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes may be motivated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit Tellier

+1 .

I've checked the binary and started the server locally.

--
Eugen Stan
+40720 898 747 / netdava.com