Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by amoldhingra <am...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/07 17:11:51 UTC

JMeter hangs on 20 Thread for 20 Iterations

Hi,
I'm load-testing an application which has 7 actions in it.I've put a timer
Uniform Random Timer of 3-10 seconds between every two actions.
The server(Host) is a desktop machine with P-4(3.0 GHz)/1GB and the
client(desktop) machine is also the same but with 2GB of RAM.
I run the test for 20 Threads for 20 Iterations with a ramp up time of 800
Seconds.
The problem is that it hangs after when around 80-90 cycles are complete.
Attached is a snapshot of the summary report.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24866566/snapshot.jpg

I'm new to JMeter or any kind of testing for that matter. :-(
and have no clues as for what's going on in it.
Even the Catalina.out on Server stops with it.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amol

Re: JMeter hangs on 20 Thread for 20 Iterations

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
what do jmeter logs say(jmeter.log in bin)?

If nothing then run jmeter using jmeter.bat (not jmeterw) and then take a
thread dump and see whether the jmeter threads are waiting for response from
the server (CTRL- Pause/Break in the command window in windows)
.
 you can also look at the right hand top corner of the jmeter GUI , does it
show a green bar and 20/20 threads? or is it showing 0/20 threads?
Basically you need to identify if its the server thats hung or if its the
jmeter client
regards
deepak