Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jochen Gazda <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 08:21:04 UTC

ACL support plans

Gentlemen,

In the next weeks, I would like to proceed with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-358 Enforce rights required
to perform different IMAP4rev1 Commands in IMAP processors.
Just two questions:

(1) Is it still OK if I further work under apache-james-imap and not
under protocols-imap? Is there a rough estimate when will
apache-james-imap become obsolete?

(2) Tests: Is there a recommended way how to test the enforcement of
the individual rights in James?
I have written some tests for GETACL, SETACL, LISTRIGHTS, MYRIGHTS and
DELETERIGHTS in the apache-james-imap-processor project. All of them
are directed towards the respective processors. Could please somebody
review esp. the test*Right*() methods in them and tell me if it is
sufficient to test the security of other IMAP commands in this way?

Best,

gazda

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi gazda,

I updated and tested trunk. It works fine so far with the minimal
scenarii I have run.

FetchGroupImpl and PartContentDescriptorImpl have now a nice home in
mailbox project. It's about queries and content after all, so not pure imap.

So (1), (2) and (3) are done

(4) let's leave for a few week the old source in svn, after we should
simply 'svn del' it (it can always been retrieved after if needed).

(5) is would be good if you could integrate the few imap pages in the
protocols web site - ping me if you want information on how to update
the web site - I will also write something today about this.  The
reporting-site is more something used for the report generation

-> Felix can tell more about the report generation

(6) I will update ‫the skin to remove the imap top menu

(7) For current site, there is still the imap top menu: for now you
could simply have a home page in the imap subsite that explains the code
have moved to protocols and that link to it.

(8) the mailbox-integration-tester
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox-integration-tester/trunk) project
still uses the old imap, Would you arrange it uses the protocols-imap
(and that tests are successful) ?

Thx, Eric

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi gazda,

I updated and tested trunk. It works fine so far with the minimal
scenarii I have run.

FetchGroupImpl and PartContentDescriptorImpl have now a nice home in
mailbox project. It's about queries and content after all, so not pure imap.

Great work!

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Jochen Gazda <ga...@gmail.com>.
Commited.

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Gazda,

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Jochen Gazda <ga...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Gazda,

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Jochen Gazda <ga...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
(snip)

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Jochen Gazda <ga...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

please see inline.

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Gazda,

First of all, thx for pushing this!

Re: ACL support plans

Re: ACL support plans

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Quick note (no time atm for an answer on your questions, and your
planning one is quite dangerous :) : Norman has started the imap port
into protocols, and I may next week help with that - the server b4
release (end of next week) will be with apache-james-imap, but the next
one with protocols-imap.

Thx,
Eric