Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Narayanan, Sunitha" <Su...@nike.com> on 2003/12/17 20:45:21 UTC

Error using tiles-el

Hello,

I am using Struts 1.2 (nightly build as of 17 Dec 2003) and am trying out using the tiles-el. When I replace my tiles taglib with tiles-el, I am getting this error

/WEB-INF/tiles/layout/main_layout.jsp(4): Error in using tag library uri='/WEB-INF/taglib/struts-tiles-el.tld' prefix='tiles': The Tag class 'org.apache.strutsel.taglib.tiles.ELUseAttributeTag' has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'classname', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
probably occurred due to an error in /WEB-INF/tiles/layout/main_layout.jsp line 4:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/taglib/struts-tiles-el.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

On looking at the source of ELUseAttributeTag.java, am finding that there is no setter for the classname attribute which has been defined in the struts-tiles-el.tld file.

Have any of you seen this problem? Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Sunitha

Re: Error using tiles-el

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Sunitha> Hello,
    Sunitha> I am using Struts 1.2 (nightly build as of 17 Dec 2003) and am trying out using the tiles-el. When I replace my tiles taglib with tiles-el, I am getting this error

    Sunitha> /WEB-INF/tiles/layout/main_layout.jsp(4): Error in using tag library uri='/WEB-INF/taglib/struts-tiles-el.tld' prefix='tiles': The Tag class 'org.apache.strutsel.taglib.tiles.ELUseAttributeTag' has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'classname', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
    Sunitha> probably occurred due to an error in /WEB-INF/tiles/layout/main_layout.jsp line 4:
    Sunitha> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/taglib/struts-tiles-el.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

    Sunitha> On looking at the source of ELUseAttributeTag.java, am finding that there is no setter for the classname attribute which has been defined in the struts-tiles-el.tld file.

    Sunitha> Have any of you seen this problem? Is this a known bug?

Try testing tonight's nightly build with this.  This should be resolved now.

dmkarr@earthlink.net   ; SCJP; SCWCD; SCBCD