Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/29 21:57:56 UTC

[BCEL] Code format non-standard

Quite a lot of the BCEL Java source code uses 2 spaces as indentation.
AFAIK, all other Commons components (indeed all other Apache projects
I've encountered) use a 4 space indent for Java source code.

[2 spaces are sometimes used in POM files, as POMs often use deep
nesting, and line-wrap is not usally OK in POMs.]

Any objections to changing the BCEL Java source file indentation to 4 spaces?

S.

Re: [BCEL] Code format non-standard

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:57 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quite a lot of the BCEL Java source code uses 2 spaces as indentation.
> AFAIK, all other Commons components (indeed all other Apache projects
> I've encountered) use a 4 space indent for Java source code.
>
> [2 spaces are sometimes used in POM files, as POMs often use deep
> nesting, and line-wrap is not usally OK in POMs.]
>
> Any objections to changing the BCEL Java source file indentation to 4 spaces?

+1

If you use eclipse, you can set up formatting rules and apply them to
the whole pile.

Gary

> S.

Thank you,
Gary

http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
http://garygregory.com/
http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [BCEL] Code format non-standard

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 29/07/2011 21:57, sebb a écrit :
> Quite a lot of the BCEL Java source code uses 2 spaces as indentation.
> AFAIK, all other Commons components (indeed all other Apache projects
> I've encountered) use a 4 space indent for Java source code.

There are also some files in [math] that come from my former mantissa
library and do use 2 spaces too. I wanted to change them to 4 spaces but
was affraid of the very large commit message for just space, so never
did it.

> [2 spaces are sometimes used in POM files, as POMs often use deep
> nesting, and line-wrap is not usally OK in POMs.]
>
> Any objections to changing the BCEL Java source file indentation to 4 spaces?

If you do so, I'll do the same.

Luc