Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shimon Crown <sh...@equipnet.co.il> on 2002/09/19 13:33:43 UTC

Sending objects as attachments - ByteArrayDataSource - is there a better way ?

I am experimenting sending objects as attachments. So far I have found out that it can be done using ByteArrayDataSource taken from the old Apache SOAP. I modified this to add a constructor that takes my object and converts it to a byte array and I can then send and receive arbitary objects that implement serializable. By experimentation I found that the mime type must be set to "application/octet-stream".

All the above was worked out by trial and error with hints from list postings.  I note that ByteArrayDataSource isn't present in Axis RC1 so I guess there is a better way of doing what I want to do. So what is it ?

Shimon Crown