Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bergmann Manfred <mb...@software-by-mabe.com> on 2021/04/01 13:27:58 UTC

Replacement for HttpSessionDataStore

Hi.

In Wicket 8 we used HttpSessionDataStore.
What is the right replacement for this in Wicket 9?

I tried overriding newPersistentStore() with InSessionPageStore but that doesn’t seem to do the same as HttpSessionDataStore.

Manfred

Re: Replacement for HttpSessionDataStore

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Manfred,

yes, you should use InSessionPageStore as a replacement.

 >but that doesn’t seem to do the same as HttpSessionDataStore

Please be more specific, in what way does it differ? Pages are kept in
the session, there's not difference there.

Regards
Sven

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

with that setup you lose back-button support - the serializer you're
passing to the InSessionPageStore is used only should the container
serialize the web session.

You should serialize *all* pages into the persistent store instead:

var store: IPageStore = new InSessionPageStore(1)
store = new SerializingPageStore(store)
store = new CachingPageStore(store, new InMemoryPageStore("ui", 5))
store = new RequestPageStore(store)
new PageManager(store)

Hope this helps
Sven