Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jsnyder <to...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/10 07:37:39 UTC

Camel Quartz consumer doesn't allow underscores?

Given the consumer pattern:
quartz://groupName/timerName/job.name=jobName&cron=30+15+22+*+*+?

I would expect the a timer part of the group groupName, with the name of
timerName, and a job name of jobName to go off every day at 22:15:30.
Typically speaking, it does.

When setting up a route definition, if the quartz consumer's group name
contains an underscore, I receive the following error:

Error building routes.  Error is:
org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create route
my.route.id: Route[[From[quartz://group_name/myTimer/?job.n... because of
Failed to resolve endpoint:
quartz://group_name/myTimer/?cron=0+15+18+*+*+%3F&job.name=job_name due to:
Trigger name cannot be null or empty.

When I do not use an underscores, I do not receive an error, and everything
works as expected.  I have searched through numerous articles, but have yet
to find anything related.

Is this a known issue?  Defect?  Or expected?

Re: Camel Quartz consumer doesn't allow underscores?

Posted by jsnyder <to...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you very much Claus.

Re: Camel Quartz consumer doesn't allow underscores?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I looked into this and noticed a bug

The reason is we use URI#getHost() on the input uri, and using
underscores in a host name is not a valid host name, and the JDK
returns null.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:37 AM, jsnyder <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Given the consumer pattern:
> quartz://groupName/timerName/job.name=jobName&cron=30+15+22+*+*+?
>
> I would expect the a timer part of the group groupName, with the name of
> timerName, and a job name of jobName to go off every day at 22:15:30.
> Typically speaking, it does.
>
> When setting up a route definition, if the quartz consumer's group name
> contains an underscore, I receive the following error:
>
> Error building routes.  Error is:
> org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create route
> my.route.id: Route[[From[quartz://group_name/myTimer/?job.n... because of
> Failed to resolve endpoint:
> quartz://group_name/myTimer/?cron=0+15+18+*+*+%3F&job.name=job_name due to:
> Trigger name cannot be null or empty.
>
> When I do not use an underscores, I do not receive an error, and everything
> works as expected.  I have searched through numerous articles, but have yet
> to find anything related.
>
> Is this a known issue?  Defect?  Or expected?

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com