Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sag21 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/17 18:37:03 UTC

Camel Version compatibility with Java Version

Unable to find out the which old camel versions support Java 1.6.
Is there any page or info about the same.
Right now I am using 1.6 with 2.14.1 so does it good idea to move to higher
Camel Version if anything available for Java 1.6. I don't want to upgrade
java version.

Your help is really appreciated.

Re: Camel Version compatibility with Java Version

Posted by Sag21 <sa...@gmail.com>.
As per I know, most of the companies wait for stable version not the
immediate released versions due to unknown issues.For me my company will
upgrade to Java 1.7 may be late next year so I am stuck with 1.6.
Just want know if there is really issue with Camel 2.14.1 and Java 1.6 if
anything going in production this year.

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.
You can find a list of Camel dependencies here.
http://camel.apache.org/what-are-the-dependencies.html

>From that it actually seems that 2.14 onwards should require jdk 1.7. Which
seems to contradict what you report you are using.
So I guess the page needs updating :-)

Best regards
Pontus