Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Jesús Martín <xe...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 10:20:39 UTC

failed to emit notification

Hello, I try the example "enterprise" of muse1.0 and when I run "ant test" I
received the following error (at catalina.out) every time that I create a
resource (and after I subscribe to create resource notification):

--> 07-07-06 10:15:22 ERROR [pubscribe.thread.0.notifmgr-emitter]
EmitterTask: Failed to emit notification [class
org.apache.ws.pubsub.emitter.file.FileEmitterTask]. Cause:
org.apache.axis.Message@dc1f04

What is the problem?

Another question that I have is: when I stop and restart tomcat the
resources, relationships, subscribes, notifications are deleted. How I can
to recover all this resources, relationships,etc. like before the tomcat's
restart?

Thanks,
Jesús

Re: failed to emit notification

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
With regard to your first question - Could you provide some more details
about your test scenario? I can't find anything online related to that
Axis/pubscribe error message, so I'm kind of in the dark without knowing
how your test is setup. Please send some details about the notification
consumer you have and how much it differs (if at all) from the initial
example.

With regard to your second question - I believe WSRF/Muse 1.0 lacks a
persistence mechanism that allows you to recover the state of WS-resources
after shutdown. It does have callback APIs, though, and perhaps someone
who is more familar with WSRF 1.0 could say whether it's possible to hook
up a callback to the destruction of a resource object. The only official
callback APIs I'm aware of are for WSRP operations and WSN publishing.

Persistence is something we're working on for the next milestone of Muse
2.0. Right now the ability to respond to lifecycle events (init, shutdown,
etc) with your own persistence code exists, but we're aiming to make
persistence a built-in feature very soon.

Dan