Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu> on 2002/06/28 00:19:51 UTC

Re: TC 4.1.3: JK2 connector dies?

  I'm not sure if the port is my problem or not (and if everything is
using the same port, would it matter which one it was?), but as far as
the port goes, I get the following two lines in my jk2.properties.save
document:

port=8019
channelSocket.port=8009

Port = 8019 regardless of what's in jk2.properties, workers2.properties,
or server.xml (channelSocket.port is equal to whatever's in
jk2.properties, I think). have I have no idea where "port=8019" is
coming from, as I searched for any document under Apache (both httpd and
tomcat) that contains the string '8019'; the search came up with
nothing. I'd be curious to know where it came from.. I plan on
downloading the connectors source soon and looking into that when I have
time.

Other than that, I have a few jk2 log questions I'd like to iron out.

why is this an error: "[error] workerEnv.init() create default worker
lb:lb" It has an "info" or "debug" sound to it, unless creating a worker
is a bad thing. this shows up every time tomcat starts up, located in
between a few notices. Are other people getting this as well? I'm also
getting a LOT of [warn]s that look like info or debug messages. For example:
[warn] config.setConfig():  process uriMap:
[warn] config: set uriMap: / info / 63e7b0 / uriMap:.info = Maps the
requests.
Of course I can set the log level higher to avoid these messages, but
what am I supposed to be warned about?
After I make a request to http://localhost/my_webapp/, I get the
following errors and warns:
[error] ajp13.service() error sending, reconnect
channel.socket:localhost:8019 -1 9 Bad file descriptor
[warn] workerEnv.callbacks() channel.socket:localhost:8019
[error] msgAjp.receive(): Bad signature 00
[warn] BAD MESSAGE:  pos=4 len=4 max=8300
[error] channelSocket.receive(): Bad header
[error] workerEnv.processCallbacks() Error reading reply
[error] ajp13.service() ajpGetReply unrecoverable error 21000
[warn] ajp13.service() done ajp13:localhost:8019
[warn] endpoint.close() ajp13:localhost:8019
[warn] ajp13.done() close endpoint ajp13:localhost:8019 error_state 0
[warn] ajp13.done() return to pool ajp13:localhost:8019
[error] lb.service() worker failed ajp13:localhost:8019
[error] lb.service() unrecoverable error...
[error] mod_jk.handler() Error connecting to tomcat 21000

It would be nice to know where the "bad message" or "bad file
descriptor" is.. I suppose that's another thing I'll have to go
searching for in the source code?

I've also been wondering about the following line in stderr.log:
"INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException: no
jkjni in java.library.path"
That sounds bad. I searched the mailing list for prior questions
involving this, but didn't see any answers.

Let me know if I should post my jk2.properties or workers2.properties
file if it will help.

Thanks all for your time,
Liam Morley